The flexible, multi-graze option
Appin leafy turnip has a very high initial growth rate up until first grazing. Tops can be grazed initially, then regrowth of leaf and bulb will occur after a short spell.
Appin is a flexible, multi-graze leafy turnip with a high winter growth rate.
- Tops and bulbs are highly palatable for sheep and cattle
- Excellent option for quick winter feed
- Re-grazing in 30 days is possible if initial grazing is managed well
- Highly compatible with annual and Italian ryegrass mixes
- Sowing rate should be 1-4kg/ha
Minimum 600mm rainfall per annum unless irrigated