Persistent and productive legume for high rainfall regions
A perennial, twining and trailing legume used in permanent pastures for beef-finishing and dairy production in the humid, coastal elevated tropical and subtropical regions. Cardillo is suited to medium fertility acidic soils. It is high yielding with excellent regrowth potential and is suitable for multi-grazing by cattle or sheep.
- Medium waterlogging tolerance
- Moderate drought tolerance
- Suitable for mixed hay production
- Can withstand periods of heavy grazing
- Sowing rate should be between 2-5kg/ha within a mixed pasture
Minimum 1,000mm rainfall per annum